Case Study - Burren Smoked Salmon
Development of an artisan smoked fish product using ancient methodology, assessing processing parameters and post-processing conditions to optimise product quality, including innovative preservation and packaging technologies. The product development was funded by InterTradeIreland through its FUSION programme. The partners on the project were Burren Smokehouse, CAFRE (College of Agriculture, food and Rural Enterprise) and the FUSION graduate.
- On average, each company taking part on the FUSION programme benefits from over £/€1 million worth of sales or efficiency savings in the three years following the project.
- Develop or improve products, processes or services
- Streamline business processes to increase efficiency and performance
- Develop and implement new technologies, systems or processes
- Improve capabilities in innovation, design and technology
- Reduce costs
- Increase sales