Watch this Space for new on-line courses in 2021!
To go along with the success of her book, Money for Jam, Oonagh delivers courses to anyone who might be interested in finding out about what it takes to Start Your Own Food Business. She has trained existing and new food producers, as well as many people who are just thinking about setting up, everywhere West from Inishbofin island, North to and Donegal and East to Louth.
Oonagh is a qualified trainer and has a team of specialist trainers at her disposal. We can offer workshops and training in the following areas:
- Business Planning for Rural Enterprises;
- Opportunities for small food producers – essentials for starting up;
- Start Your Own Food Business - 1, 2 and 3 day course options;
- Food Product Development;
- Innovation and Idea Generation;
- Food Labelling Legislation compliance;
- Sensory Analysis techniques, in partnership with St. Angela's College, Sligo;
- Routes to Market and Distribution;
- Food marketing including Social and Digital Media Marketing
- Product Development
- Packaging and Branding, incl. Bar Coding
- Pricing, Product Costing & Managing money
- Meeting the Buyer – incl. Role playing
- Food Starter (Bord Bia)
- Food Academy (Bord Bia)
We also bring in trainers in specialised areas including Personal Development, Social Media, website development and other areas as required.
**SPECIAL OFFER** There will be a 10% discount for course participants who buy Money for Jam from Oonagh during a training course.
Bord Bia / Musgrave's Food Academy & Food Starter
In collaboration with Bord Bia, the Local Enterprise Offices and Supervalu, a food marketing programme has been developed under the umbrella of the Food Academy, which assists entrepreneurs/pre start-ups/start-ups/small food businesses to develop and grow their businesses, while taking into account the following: Market Background and Understanding the Consumer; Core Technical Issues; and Sales Growth Development and Enhancement. If you want to supply SuperValu or Centra, then you must take part in this programme.