Oonagh is a qualified trainer. We can offer workshops and training in the following areas:
- Business Planning for Rural Enterprises;
- Opportunities for small food producers – essentials for starting up;
- Start Your Own Food Business - 1, 2 and 3 day course options;
- Food Product Development;
- Innovation and Idea Generation;
- Food Labelling Legislation compliance;
- Sensory Analysis techniques, in partnership with St. Angela's College, Sligo;
- Routes to Market and Distribution;
- Food marketing;
- Product Development
- Packaging and Branding, incl. Bar Coding
- Pricing, Product Costing & Managing money
- Meeting the Buyer – incl. Role playing
We also bring in trainers in specialised areas including Personal Development, Social Media, website development and other areas as required.
Start Your Own Small Food Business
To go along with the success of her book, Money for Jam, Oonagh delivers courses to anyone who might be interested in finding out about what it takes to Start Your Own Food Business. She has trained existing and new food producers, as well as many people who are just thinking about setting up, everywhere from Inishbofin island and Donegal to Leitrim. If you would like your Local Enterprise Office to run a a Start Your Own Food Business course, just ask them!
**SPECIAL OFFER** There will be a 10% discount for course participants who buy Money for Jam from Oonagh during the training course.
Bord Bia / Musgrave's Food Academy
In collaboration with Bord Bia, the Local Enterprise Offices and Supervalu, a food marketing programme has been developed under the umbrella of the Food Academy, which assists entrepreneurs/pre start-ups/start-ups/small food businesses to develop and grow their businesses, while taking into account the following: Market Background and Understanding the Consumer; Core Technical Issues; and Sales Growth Development and Enhancement. If you want to supply SuperValu or Centra, then you must take part in this programme.
Mayo & Roscommon – Completed September 2015 - contact Tanya in Mayo LEO for details;
Mayo, Monaghan & Louth – all completed in 2013 and 2014 with several producers now stocked in Supervalu stores nationwide!
Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Food Business - Leitrim
1-Day Course on April 17th 2016
at The Organic Centre, Rossinver, Co.Leitrim
Click here for details or contact the Organic Centre: