Development of an artisan smoked fish product using ancient methodology, assessing processing parameters and post-processing conditions to optimise product quality, including innovative preservation and packaging technologies. The product development was funded by InterTradeIreland through its FUSION programme. The partners on the project were Burren Smokehouse, CAFRE (College of Agriculture, food and Rural Enterprise) and the FUSION graduate, Aoife McNiffe.
- Facilitate the successful submission for FUSION programme funding
- Oversee the development of new food product concepts by the FUSION Graduate
- Ensure completion of Tasks and achievement of Target Outcomes on time and within budget
- Ensure best practice in the adoption of project management
- Provide assistance and advice in relation to funding requirements and the claims process
- Facilitate knowledge transfer between CAFRE and the Burren Smokehouse